“LIFE” begins with a BIG ‘L’. That is Leadership. Where there is no proper leadership, bad stuff happens–dreams die, societies struggle, governments disintegrate, people perish. Put another way, Yaw’s mentor John Maxwell (picture on left) says, “Everything rises and falls on Leadership.” Really, everything. Leadership! Leadership! Leadership!
Leadership – Corporate
From business and health leadership to military leadership, Dr. Yaw Perbi has been there done that and is available so speak, train and/or coach executive and board leadership. He approaches the all-important subject of leadership with a formidable pedigree:
- Recipient of United Nations Medal for military and health leadership as (Honorary) Captain, Ghana Armed Forces, with the United Nations Operation in Cote d’Ivoire (UNOCI).
- Member, Aspen Global Leadership Network (http://www.aspeninstitute.org/leadership)
- Fellow, Africa Leadership Initiative since December 2009 (http://www.africaleadership.net/)
- Certified Trainer and Member, John Maxwell Team (http://www.johncmaxwellgroup.com/yawperbi)
- Global brand clients include Delta, KPMG, Ericsson, Stanbic Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Vodafone and numerous Universities across the world.
Leadership – Ministry
“Strategic Global Leader” ~Lausanne Movement
~President, International Student Ministries Canada (www.ismc.ca)
~Interim Pastor, Montreal Chinese Alliance Grace Church (www.mcagc.org)
Founded by Billy Graham and cemented by the likes of John Stott, since 1974 when the Lausanne Movement speaks, people listen. In a very humbling 17th February 2014 press release, the Lausanne Movement aptly described Yaw Perbi, among others like John Piper, as occupying a “STRATEGIC GLOBAL LEADERSHIP ROLE”
In 2006 Dr. Perbi was privileged to be among a special cohort of 500 younger leaders from about 120 countries in Port Dickson, Malaysia to contemplate on living and leading like Jesus. He was also at the Lausanne International Leadership Meeting, Budapest, Hungary in June 2007. Yaw is humbled that the LORD called and chose him to join the privileged few Christian leaders in this Century to be part of the historic Lausanne III gathering in Cape Town. The Third Lausanne Congress on World Evangelization (the second was in Manila, 1989) brought together 4,000 Christian leaders from about 200 nations and territories at the Cape Town International Convention Centre from 16th to 25th October, 2010.
Prior to the Lausanne III gathering, Dr. Perbi spoke of it here, alongside others like Rick Warren and John Stott.
Leadership – Emerging
Dr. Yaw Perbi founded The HuD Group in 2003, while still a medical student to engage Hearts, inform Heads and empower Hands of Emerging Leaders for global impact and God’s glory. It currently operates in a dozen countries on four continents.
~Advisor, Emerge Leadership (http://www.emerge-leadership.com/)
~Founder, ALIncubator, today’s enlightened and effectual leaders breeding tomorrow’s (www.alincubator.info)
In direct response to that high honour of Newmont Ghana Highest Achievement Award winner by the Vice-President of the Republic of Ghana at the Youth Achievers Awards held by the Millennium Excellence Awards Foundation , the then Minister of Health, Major (Rtd.) Courage Quashigah personally wrote to Yaw exhorting, among other things, as follows: “It is my hope that you will bring your charisma and devotion to bear on every youth you encounter and they in turn will emulate your leadership example.”
Yaw was an award-winning student himself in both academic and extra-curricular. For example:
- Houston Prize for the Best 1992 Basic Education Certificate Examination Results (Ridge Church School).
- Ghana Government Scholarship for Secondary Education (1993-1995).
- Certificate of Merit awarded for outstanding performance in Core Maths, Physics, Biology and Twi, Achimota School (1994/95).
- Lawyer S.K. Boateng & Family Prize for the best SS3 student in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Achimota School (1996).
- Certificate of Merit for being a Finalist (Southern Sector) in the Brillant Science & Math T.V. Quiz Competition for Senior Secondary Schools (1995).
- Old Achimotan Association 1938 Year Group Prize for Outstanding Leadership Qualities, Achimota School (1996).
- Honorary Student of the Jefferson County, Louisville, Kentucky, USA (1995).
- “Spirit of Louisville” Award, Louisville, Kentucky, USA (1995).
World Vision Youth Ambassador from June 10 to August 30, 1996 including a course in “Conflict Prevention & Reconciliation” (Taiwan, USA, Mexico and Canada).
• WVYA is an annual international assembly of Youth from 50 countries around the globe in a programme to “Seek Life’s Common Grounds.”