Yaw Perbi’s first media appearance was as a little 10-year old, on a Children’s Programme on Ghana Television (GTV). It was when, in his late teens, he represented his high school on the Brillant Science & Math Quiz programme on GTV that he really began to appreciate the power of the media. He was swarmed with letters from admirers from all over the country!
Since those early years he’s been the toast of media groups worldwide, including CNN, the National Press Club (Washington DC), VOA, CBC, and BBC. He has been interviewed and profiled by countless radio stations, magazines and newspapers from Accra through Louisville to Los Angeles.
As a broadcaster, his first TV programme was ‘My Health Today,’ which aired on TV3 in Ghana. He was co-presenting it as a medical student. In 2007/2008) he also hosted the National Bible Quiz programme on the same network as the Quiz Master.
Dr. Yaw Perbi is the prolific and paradigm-shifting writer of about 15 books including highly-recommended Financial Whizzdom, A++ and YouthPower! As an international speaker, his audiences have ranged from Pre-teens through Professionals to Presidents in Ghana, Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, South Africa, the USA, Guatemala, Canada, Mexico, Taiwan, Hungary, Malaysia, Japan… and still counting.
He regularly writes for the Ghana Medical Association’s magazine.
Yaw Perbi is the Founder and CEO of NEOparadigms Ltd., a mass media/communications and edutainment company in Ghana.
- Thinking Outside the Window, Xulon, USA 2015
- X-Sense (seXsense), The HuD Group, Accra 2007.
- 15 Successful Global Businesses Young People Built, NEOpublishing, Accra 2005.
- 15 Inspiring Young People, Vol.1, NEOpublishing, Accra 2005.
- Youth Power! in Soweto, NEOpublishing, Accra 2005.
- Read!, NEOpublishing, Accra 2005.
- Why am I a WannaBe?, NEOpublishing, Accra 2005.
- A++, The HuD Group, Accra 2004.
- Youth Power!, The HuD Group, Accra 2004.
- Financial Whizzdom Nuggets, The HuD Group, Accra 2004.
- Financial Whizzdom through Investment Clubs, The HuD Group, Accra 2004.
- Financial Whizzdom, The HuD Group, Accra 2004.
- 15 Inspiring Young Akoras Vol. 1, WannaBe Institute, Accra 2003.
- Positiveness: A Fuel for Success, WannaBe Institute, Accra 2003.
- What Every Fresher Should Know About The University, WannaBe Institute, Accra 2002.
SELECTED INTERNATIONAL MEDIA INTERACTIONS/INTERVIEWS
1. Interviews on CTV, CBC Television and CBC Radio after playing a leading role in a Lin Jun Mourning and Prayer Service, Montreal, Canada (21st July 2012).
2. Live! Television broadcast on G-TV, Ghana, of presentation on “Mobilising the Youth for National Development,” Accra International Conference Centre, 18th November, 2012.
3. Daily Graphic reportage of ‘Mobilising the Youth for National Development’ delivery at the Government of Ghana Policy Fair, Accra International Conference Centre, Ghana (19th April, 2012).
4. Interview & Recording in Accra for Pamoja Africa, Kenya (December 2006).
• Pamoja Africa was held in Kenya by Campus Crusade for Christ International for about 1,000 university students and young professionals from all over Africa. The interview (recorded by an international team criss-crossing Africa) was beamed there, because he was unable to be physically present at the said conference.
5. Outlook, British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), transmitted on Joy FM (Accra, Ghana) and KBC (Nairobi, Kenya) and on the BBC World Service, July 6, 2005.
6. Address to the National Press Club (an organisation of journalists from all over the world), Washington D.C., 31st July 1996.
7. Interview with Cheryl Reid of The News Tribune, a Seattle (Washington State, USA) newspaper which was published on the morn of 10th August 1996.
8. Live appearance & interview on Good Day New York, New York, 4th August 1996.
9. Live interview on the National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) T.V. station, 3rd August, 1996.
10. Interview with the Voice of America (VOA), Washington D.C., 31st July 1996.
11. Interview with the Cable News Network (CNN), Washington D.C. 31st July 1996.
12. Performed as singer, instrumentalist and spokesperson with the World Vision Youth Ambassadors at the United Nations Headquarters and the New York Yankee Stadium (both in New York), World Bank Headquarters, Inter-American Development Bank, J.F. Kennedy Center (all in Washington D.C.) and Disneyland (California) all in the USA, with media presence and interaction (1996).
13. Featured in The Courier-Journal, Louisville, Kentucky (USA), (April 28, 1995).