Join The YP Team
Imagine a flourishing global ecosystem of authentic leaders characterized by healthy growth, holistic success and lasting significance. YAW PERBI (YP) is an Executive Education firm that offers authentic and customized relationships and resources to C-Level executives to grow personally, succeed professionally and become significant societally. To this end, the company provides services in leadership development, management training, executive coaching and publishing. Our coaching, authoring, speaking, and training are centered on LIFE—Leadership, Integrity, Family, Entrepreneurship.
ABOUT THE CEO
Dr. Yaw Perbi is a physician, pastor and former president & CEO of International Student Ministries Canada (www.ismc.ca). He is the CEO of YAW PERBI, an executive education and coaching company. Yaw is also the Global CEO of The HuD Group, championing holistic leader development in over 20 countries on all six continents.
As a medical doctor, he has practised medicine in both his home country, Ghana, and as a military captain with the United Nations Operation in Cote d’Ivoire. For four years he served as the English pastor of the Montreal Chinese Alliance Grace Church. Dr. Perbi’s 15 books include Amazon bestseller Thinking Outside the Window. He’s physically served in over 50 countries and been the toast of media groups worldwide including CNN, the National Press Club (Washington DC), VOA, CBC and BBC. Dr. Yaw Perbi is a John Maxwell-certified speaker/trainer/coach, Fellow of the Africa Leadership Initiative and the Aspen Global Leadership Network, a Lausanne Movement global catalyst and serves on various strategic boards. Yaw and his dear wife Anyele, an economist-entrepreneur, with their seven delightful children, make their home between Montreal, Canada and Accra, Ghana. He owes everything to Christ Jesus.
THE ROLE | Chief of Staff (CoS)
The big idea for this role is to be the CEO’s double. With the Chief of Staff (CoS) in charge, the CEO will have nothing to worry about, overseeing strategic business initiatives, from development through to successful execution, with the collaboration of senior leadership and/or departmental heads. The CoS shall effectively communicate with executives and all stakeholders on behalf of the CEO/President and review, design, and execute improvements to organisational structure, efficiency and effectiveness, discerning knowledge and skills gaps and addressing them. Overall, CoS shall build people, improve processes and optimise organisational procedures for good success of all the organisations under Dr. Yaw Perbi’s leadership..
- CoS must be able to uphold the values of the various organisations they represent
on behalf of Dr. Yaw Perbi.
- Have a trainable attitude and take initiative towards personal development.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge, character and skills to assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organizations’ missions.
Executive Function (50 %)
- Be an intermediary between the CEO and all other staff (co-workers) and the general public. Serve as liaison between CEO and staff regarding company climate, team well-being, proposals, project planning, updates, execution and evaluation.
- Assist CEO with daily operations, managing communication and collaboration to ensure the right connections are being made across the various affiliated organisations and between these organisations and external parties.
- Manage the various visions and missions, setting key priorities and initiatives to ensure there is strategic alignment, with everything and every stakeholder tracking.
- Be the eyes, ears, hands, and feet of the CEO in searching, developing and hiring the right people. Collaborate with the human resources function regarding hires, including onboarding and documentation, training and development, and collaborate to address and resolve all employee concerns. Establish standards and procedures for hiring and managing staff and executives for the CEO/President.
- As a confidant to the CEO, provide effective feedback on ideas and proposals from team members. Also identify, mediate and solve disputes as well as troubleshoot operational issues before they can reach the CEO.
- Monitor the health of the organisations and bring perspectives that make the CEO’s decision-making process more effectual. Make specific recommendations on how to improve organisations.
Administrative & Operations Function (30%)
- Ensure the right pieces of metrics and information have reached the CEO for important meetings and decisions through research and gathering information coming and going out of the office of the CEO (in the form of emails, direct messages, phone calls, and meetings), processing it, and directing it to the right route.
- Create and maintain systems and processes to streamline administration and operations, logistics and legal affairs.
- Oversee day-to-day operations in collaboration with executives and other staff and seamlessly manage calendars, generate correspondence, plan and coordinate annual corporate meetings, and schedule online/physical facilities. Manage and synchronise the CEO’s calendar, including making appointments and prioritising the most sensitive matters. Create accessibility and availability in the CEO’s schedule.
- Research and recommend new and revised strategies and tactics, policies and practices. Serve as a subject-matter expert, handling inquiries, developing action plans, and preparing and dissemination of communications.
- Maintain accurate confidential files and data records, hard copies and electronic.
- Light finance functions, from budgeting and accounting through banking to financial statement preparation.
- Minimum three years experience in a business management or executive role
- Experience in organising and directing multiple teams and departments
- Experience in planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Versatile abilities and extreme dedication to efficient productivity
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Positive outlook
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in business administration or similar field
- Experience in data analysis and budget management
- Consulting experience, with a focus on operations management
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Nimble business mind, focused on developing creative solutions
- Strong project-reporting skills, with focus on interdepartmental communications.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Google Suite, Calendly, Zoom and other digital productivity tools.
- Highly experienced with Excel and Google Sheets for reporting and analytics.
Although there will be extensive online engagement, this is a position based in West Legon, Accra, Ghana.
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To support the Chief Executive to develop and implement growth plans and strategies, scale the organization’s offerings and collaborate with strategic partners to create value and achieve business targets.
- Develop a comprehensive business growth plan together with Management and implement same.
- Develop sales strategies and targets for the YP brand.
- Actively look for and create opportunities to sell the YP brand offering to increase the clientele base.
- Develop materials for business pitches and prospecting.
- Conduct business forecasts and research.
- Develop a regular scheme and metrics for market surveys.
- Liaise with marketing unit to develop marketing strategies to create the needed awareness and brand impact.
- Develop and manage the organization’s budget to attain its goals and targets.
- Develop and nurture cordial relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Play coaching and leadership roles in staff development.
- Recruit, supervise and train world class employees and set high performance standards for them to follow.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to inform managerial decision-making.
- Develop operations manual of best practices and systems for the department.
- Participate in developing new ventures by assisting the Chief Executive officer in strategic growth decisions.
- Develop strategic partnerships that result in a win-win for the organization and partners.
- Uphold YP brand’s values in the execution of all tasks.
- As a team player, perform any necessary role and/or task for success.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in business administration or related background. An advanced degree will be advantageous.A minimum of five years work experience in managing brands or business development.
- In-depth working knowledge of sales and marketing principles and best practices.
- Workable knowledge in strategic and project management.
- Ability to plan and organize service delivery presentations to clients.
- Strong analytical ability and competence to interpret and utilize marketing data.
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders effectively.
- Good collaboration skills in working with creative and remote teams.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Resilient and good critical thinking skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
Although there will be extensive online engagement, this is a permanent position based in Accra.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Saturday, 15th November, 2022.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.